Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Using Data Source Correlation for dates in Responder

bsaikrishna84
bsaikrishna84 Posts: 66
edited July 2019 in Virtualize

We have a responder, where we have set the data source correlation using account number. However, i also need to correlate the date which is coming in request as said below.

Check if startDate which is coming in request is greater than or equal to the data source column value.
Here DS has 10 rows where i need to check all the rows to see if incoming date is greater than any row.

Is there a way that we can achieve this ?

Comments

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    You might be able to use criteria expressions to have a data source row match if the incoming data meets some criteria.

https://docs.parasoft.com/display/VIRT9106/Criteria+Expressions+for+Matching+Values+with+the+Message+Responder

• bsaikrishna84

Thanks , but i didn't understand how to use exactly
    Below is my xpath , where i need to check the given date is greater than the column value

/:Envelope/:Body/:findTransactionsRequest/:transactionSearchCriteria/*:startDate/text()

Above was extracted automatically and i have a data source column name startDate

Can you help here how can i use the criteria expression

• williammccusker

In your data source I would setup a row that has the criteria that it will match any date that is "greater than" its value. So the criteria is in the data source rather than the xpath.

To get more direct help please create a ticket via support@parasoft.com

• bsaikrishna84

Yes i had setup but i could see those criterias would work only for numbers and strings ?

[>= "2019-01-14"]

This is what i have given but still not working.

Is this the right way to give in the row ?

• williammccusker

Please contact support, they will be able to connect with you to help understand your use case and find a solution that works. You can create a ticket via support@parasoft.com