Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

How to create a traffic file for CSV request response pairs?

I'm new to virtualize and I am struggling with correlating csv requests to responses. My wish is to correlate a request to a request/response pair in some sort of dataset/repository.

Or correlate a piece of the request to a piece of the response. i.e. Request contains customer id along with other data and response contains customer id along with other customer data. M

Answers

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

What kind of payloads are you sending? xml, json, other? If you have a sample of the response payload you should be able to put that into a responder and then using a csv data source populate the payload so it is parameterized.

• SteveGarabedian
    SteveGarabedian Posts: 4

I should have provided samples and transport method. The transport is TCP sockets. I have a message client in SOATest driving a request. Where T65407557 is the correlating value between the request response. Only a portion of the correlation field in the request is in the response. Need to use substring perhaps?

Sample Request
    @0DR1546^2808156101^^^@F@T+00001^CUSINF^^^^@F@TT65407557^@F@T@F@ESample Response
    DR1546^2808156101^ ^ ^ -±0041^CUSINF^^^^ T65407557^I^SMITH,JOHN,VAN^01201954^M^N^STREET^^CITY^STATE^ZIP^^CHESTERFIELD^^^^^^^04/01/18^^N^ '
    '

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Hi Steve,

Yes either a custom correlation to do the substring or a custom message format or maybe a data model could be used. The custom message format or data model would allow mapping the tcp request into a xml structure that might make it easier to work with but those options could be more effort.

Without those I you will have to put in a literal response and manually parameterize it. I would recommend contacting support so they can help you more directly with your specific use case.

If you are already Parasoft Customer, please create a support ticket via https://www.parasoft.com/support

• SteveGarabedian
    SteveGarabedian Posts: 4

Thanks for your help!! I will contact Parasoft Customer support.