Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

SOA Test Project

Options
jngojngo
jngojngo Posts: 46

I have completed my SOA Test Project named. Pays which is a folder inside the SOATEST workspace. The DATASOURCE and SCHEMA are all pointing to the Pays folder. I would like to create a version of the existing Project to Paysv1 for any new updates created. Is there a way I can point the DATASOURCE and SCHEMA to the new project folder Payv1 to v1 instead of the existing Pays folder.

Comments

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 801 admin
    Options

I am not exactly sure what you want to change - but I am imagining that you want to change the location of referenced schemas or referenced .xls/.csv files. If that is the case, in the first project you could use environments to define where those files live, and then when you duplicate the project to create the new version, you will simply need to update the reference in the environment. But I don't fully understand your scenario, so please provide additional details about what specifically in your tests needs to change.

• jngojngo
    Options

Let's say the location of the my project is c:\workspace\projectv1 , my datasource and schema are pointed to c:\workspace\projectv1\datasource and c:\workspace\projectv1\schema respectively. I would like keep the version going forward. So I duplicate this projectv1 and create projectv2. The new project name will be located in c:\workspace\projectv2. However, the datasource and schema are all pointing to projectv1.

Here's an example of my datasource:
    ${project_loc:projectv1}/dataSource/test.xls

Here's an exampe of my schema:
    file:///C:/workspace/projectv1/schema/creb_wsrsrv/creb_wsrsrv.wsdl

I believe you got my point above. As you mentioned that to put it as part of environments and change it when it's reference to the new project. How does that apply to the relative path as an example above on datasource.

• jngojngo
    Options

In addition to above,
    Given that projectv1 has it's own schema and datasource, projectv2 would have it's own copy of datasource and schema. So changes on projectv2 for datasource and schema should not be reflected on projectv1 (datasource and schema). Hope this make sense.

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 801 admin
    Options

So in your second project, for the data source you can just change "${project_loc:projectv1}/dataSource/test.xls" to "${project_loc:projectv2}/dataSource/test.xls". For the schema, you should update the file path to include the the ${project_loc} variable and then use the a reference to the correct project in each case.