Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Extension Tool is not working for Outgoing Response - Transport Header

Options

Hi,
I am extracting the Header from output Transport Header by using Header Databank.
context.getValue("Generated Data Source", "HeaderDatabankColumnName")
I want to refer same in output Response - Transport Header Extension tool. But seems it's not working.

As per my debugging I could not even print test message using Application.showMessage("Test Message") while referring java Extension tool from Outgoing transport Header -> Extension Tool. While same works in case of using Outgoing Response -> Extension Tool.

I can't use Outgoing Response -> Extension Tool as it comes before the Header Databank so Response Header will not be available.

Please advice.

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭
    Options

I can't use Outgoing Response -> Extension Tool as it comes before the Header Databank so Response Header will not be available.

As an observation, it looks like request body output is executed before request header output. Perhaps there is another way to get access to the header value. For example, if this is a header you are explicitly configuring in your client then perhaps you can set that value in a variable prior to referencing it in both your client and in your Extension Tool.

I could not even print test message using Application.showMessage("Test Message") while referring java Extension tool from Outgoing transport Header -> Extension Tool

I am not able to reproduce this part. Application.showMessage() always works for me.