Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Extension tool to extract/set parameters from response does not work for soap client request?

Options
ningy
ningy Posts: 8

I've been trying to use extension tool with groovy script to extract values from xml response and set the value at test suite level for next soap request to use. however this seems not working. I see the value gets set but value is not passing to the next soap call somehow. anyone has a clue?

Answers

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options

How is your script extracting values? How does your script "set the value at test suite level"? How are you attempting to configure your next SOAP Client to use the value? Is there some reason why your are using scripting and not just using something else like XML Data Bank tool? Perhaps providing an example would help clarify things.

• ningy
    edited February 2019
    Options

I'm using context.setValue("xxx", xxx) to set the variable value in my script and I see the variable value is set from logging. It's just not passed to my next soap call somehow. Here is the example for my next soap call trying to use the variable.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

• benken_parasoft
    Options

I'm using context.setValue("xxx", xxx)

This would be setting a test suite variable with a particular name. The only thing I can recommend there would be to check for typos.

It's just not passed to my next soap call somehow

Can you describe how you are referencing that test suite variable in "next soap call"?

• ningy
    Options

It turned out to be a soatest issue and my lead is going to file a ticket for it.

• benken_parasoft
    Options

It turned out to be a soatest issue

Referencing test suite variables does work. I'm not aware of any breakage in core functionality like this. So, it is hard to say what might be going wrong in your particular setup.

my lead is going to file a ticket for it.

Sounds good. Parasoft Support should help resolve this in a timely way for you.