Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Loadtest Scenario

Options
reactancexl
reactancexl Posts: 160

I would like to run my loadtest from my laptop, calling services on another Virtual Machine. I would like to monitor the memory, cpu usage etc on the Vm I am calling. Is this possible? I would assume so as if I select "Windows Monitor"? I see there are types also, do I need addional jar files loaded? Also do I need Loadtest installed as a windows service on the VM in order to do this, if possible? thx

Tagged:

Comments

• Sergei
    Sergei Posts: 34
    Options

Yes, you can use the Windows Monitor to gather statistics from a remote machine. The prerequisites for it are the same as for the Microsoft perfmon tool. You can find details on configuring perfmon to monitor a remote machine in the link below as well in other "serverfault" and Microsoft technet posts related to perfmon remote configuration:

https://serverfault.com/questions/211504/how-to-remotely-connect-using-perfmon

Once you are able to use perfmon to monitor a remote machine, the Load Test Windows monitor will work as well.

Tagged