Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Iteration of Columns in Data Bank

Hi,

I have some 25 coulmn names in my XML data bank and I need to use all the column names in a Jython script. I do not want to write context.getValue("Genearted Data Source","Column_1") ,..... upto Column_25. How can I iterate through the names in the XML data bank??

Thanks

Comments

• keegan_chan
    keegan_chan Posts: 59 ✭✭

The method context.getGeneratedDataSourceValues() would return a map of all the data source variables and their values.

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

From the public API docs for the class com.parasoft.api.ScriptingContext:

/**
     * @return a map of generated data source values.  The Map
     * keys are the column names.  This will typically be used to extract all
     * values from an XML Data Bank.
     */
    Map<String, String> getGeneratedDataSourceValues();

• nsfmost2005
    nsfmost2005 Posts: 8

Thank you guys.
    I would try this and keep you posted.
    I also have one more doubt, its as follows:
    I have 25 different variables in my XML data bank and every variable is associated to a XPath (ResultSet[1]/Rows[1]/Items[1]/item1). I have to perform String-join & normalize-space to all the 25 variables. I am right now doing it manually, but is there a way to modify all the xpaths at once i.e.
    1. String-join(ResultSet[]/Rows[]/Items[]/normalize-space(item1),',') - This is for one variable
    2. String-join(ResultSet[
    ]/Rows[]/Items[]/normalize-space(item2),',') - This is for second variable. so on..

any possible way to pull it ?

Thanks

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

In case this helps, you can use the Search dialog to perform a search-and-replace. The "Parasoft Search" tab lets you do this for fields in Parsoft tools, including XML Data Bank XPath fields:

Please note that the "Containing text" field supports a regular expression if "Regular expression" is selected. So, you could probably write a regular expression to match and perform the replacement you require.

Perhaps like this: