Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

C/C++ Test Does not start.

TCoE
TCoE Posts: 3

While starting CppTest , it hangs and does not start. Loading process stops while loading some svn or mylyn related plugins. This happens frequently. We have to uninstall and reinstall the software in order to work again.

Tagged:

Comments

• Bogdan Czwartkowski
    Bogdan Czwartkowski Posts: 157 admin
    edited August 2018

Hi @TCoE,

Can you let me know:

• What host are you working on (Windows, Linux)?
    • Which exact version of C/C++test are you running (Help menu> About...> press C/C++test gear icon)?
    • Is it standalone C/C++test or Eclipse plugin?
  • TCoE

Hello,
    Sorry for the late reply. We had a day off due to Eid.
    Host is Linux (RHEL 6.6).
    standalone C/C++Test version 10.3.2
    Thanks

• Bogdan Czwartkowski
    Bogdan Czwartkowski Posts: 157 admin
    edited August 2018

The issue is most probably related to the following bug in Eclipse IDE, on which C/C++test is based:
    https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=502095 (Deadlock on startup)")
    and it manifests itself on some Linux systems as hangs during start-up after opening the same workspace multiple times.

There are two possible workarounds for the issue:
    1. Launch C/C++test GUI (cpptest executable) with "-clean" option. This should recover the workspace from the "hang" condition. The procedure may need to be applied a couple times.
    2. Upgrade Eclipse Platform shipped with C/C++test to version 4.6.2+ (using http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.6 Update Site).

I would recommend trying workaround #1 first, as it is quick thing to try and confirm you are indeed experiencing the same issue.
    Once it is confirmed, you can apply #2 as the permanent solution.

• TCoE

Hii,
    Thanks for the solutions. I will update you as soon as i try the solutions as for now cpptest is working fine.

• jmccabe
    jmccabe Posts: 1

@TCoE Did you solve this problem? I get it regularly on Ubuntu 16.04, now with C++Test 10.4.3. -clean doesn't appear to help as far as I can see; I tend to have to blow away the workspace and start again, but don't need to reinstall C++Test.

Tagged