Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Data source correlation using request body and excel datasource

rancortamer
rancortamer Posts: 5

Hi all,

I have a soap request containing and element with a value of 1000. I have a column with this value and I have double checked that the value is set to use this columm. However, when I set this request the fields are not parameterized with the information from the correct (or any) row. upon sending the request, the other elements are still empty. Am I missing any steps to make this work correctly?

Comments

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

This is in a responder? For rows to be used a data source correlation must be configured on the incoming request so that we can correlate from a value in the request to the values that should be used for the response.

What data source correlations do you have configured?

• rancortamer

Yes this is in a responder. I have correlated my request body element "price" to the data source column name "PRICE" in my excel datasource.

• williammccusker

Can you attach your pva and the request message you sending so that I can take a look?

• rancortamer

I can attach my request, but the pva file will not load into the attached files for whatever reason.

• williammccusker

Did you try zipping it? I think I have seen that work.

• rancortamer

That worked, I believe I set up this pva to be similar to the one I have been using

• williammccusker

Hi

I see that you are using responder correlations and a responder in multiple response mode. Multiple response mode is meant for sending literal responses but if you need to use a data source then the settings must be configured in the "Data Source Correlation" tab.

I am attaching a pva that I created using 9.10.5 that breaks up the single responder in multiple response mode from the example into three responders each one using a data source for its specific request and response values. I have also included a tst file that can be used to send messages to the virtual service.

Let me know if this helped!

• rancortamer

Awesome, I think I misunderstood what the datasource correlation did. I thought it would populate my request as it was sent

• williammccusker

Happy to help!