Data source correlation using request body and excel datasource

rancortamerrancortamer Posts: 5

Hi all,

I have a soap request containing and element with a value of 1000. I have a column with this value and I have double checked that the value is set to use this columm. However, when I set this request the fields are not parameterized with the information from the correct (or any) row. upon sending the request, the other elements are still empty. Am I missing any steps to make this work correctly?

Comments

  • williammccuskerwilliammccusker Posts: 88

    This is in a responder? For rows to be used a data source correlation must be configured on the incoming request so that we can correlate from a value in the request to the values that should be used for the response.

    What data source correlations do you have configured?

  • rancortamerrancortamer Posts: 5

    Yes this is in a responder. I have correlated my request body element "price" to the data source column name "PRICE" in my excel datasource.

  • williammccuskerwilliammccusker Posts: 88

    Can you attach your pva and the request message you sending so that I can take a look?

  • rancortamerrancortamer Posts: 5

    I can attach my request, but the pva file will not load into the attached files for whatever reason.

  • williammccuskerwilliammccusker Posts: 88

    Did you try zipping it? I think I have seen that work.

  • rancortamerrancortamer Posts: 5

    That worked, I believe I set up this pva to be similar to the one I have been using

  • williammccuskerwilliammccusker Posts: 88

    Hi

    I see that you are using responder correlations and a responder in multiple response mode. Multiple response mode is meant for sending literal responses but if you need to use a data source then the settings must be configured in the "Data Source Correlation" tab.

    I am attaching a pva that I created using 9.10.5 that breaks up the single responder in multiple response mode from the example into three responders each one using a data source for its specific request and response values. I have also included a tst file that can be used to send messages to the virtual service.

    Let me know if this helped!

  • rancortamerrancortamer Posts: 5

    Awesome, I think I misunderstood what the datasource correlation did. I thought it would populate my request as it was sent

  • williammccuskerwilliammccusker Posts: 88

    Happy to help!

Sign In or Register to comment.