Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Webking can't test pages after adding path

Options
LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
I'm trying to test an online application that requires users to login. Typically users who try to access the pages are redirected to a new page (in a different domain) where their login/password gets authenticated and then get redirected to the actual pages I'm testing.
I am using the "Path Creation Wizard" in Webking to access the pages I need to test. Once I run it those pages show up inside the "New Project" folder.
However when I try to conduct any of the tests, Webking only show results for the login page and the page after login is successful. For all other pages I get:
Unable to access https://servername/page name: HTTP_MOVED_TEMP (302)
Is there any way to test these pages? Why is webking not finding them the second time around?

Andres

Comments

• LegacyForum
    LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
    Options
    Without seeing the specifics of the project or site, it's difficult to be certain what is happening for you.

However, it sounds as though what you are trying to do is statically access pages that are only available after login. If a user tries to access an address without having logged in, then, instead of returning the page, the server responds with a redirect (probably to an error page).

If you try to test a page in the project tree, WebKing will try to access the address specified by that page in order to get the contents of the page before testing. Because this is a static request for an address, the server correctly recognizes that the user cannot access that page because he has not yet logged in and responds with a redirect.

What you can do is run a functional test on the path you created using the Path Creation Wizard. This path indicated a sequence of requests through a site (or sites). That means that any tests run on the path will begin by logging in (as you did when you created the path), and then testing the the following pages.

For example, if you wanted to test a specific page for accessibility issues, you could go to the node in the path that represents the page you want to test, select it, and click the Check Web Accessibility menu option (under Tools: CodeWizard: Check Web Accessibility). The test will run a check on that page as well as all the pages that proceeded it (because the path defines a sequence).

Another option is to attach a tool to the node in the path that you want to test. To do this select the node in the path you want to test. In the right-panel there will be a tab titled "Actions." Select that and check the "Tools" checkbox. There will be a list of tools--check the Check Web Accessibility tool. Now that tool is attached to that node in the path. Now right click that node in the path and choose "Test Path." You will see the errors associated with that node in the path.

I hope this helps. Let me know if the situation I described above is not your actual situation, and provide further details about your scenario if there is a difference. (For example, what kind of test you are trying to run, what the behavior of the server is when a user tries to access a page that is behind the login, but the user has not logged in, or any other errors you are seeing.)