Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Received fatal alert: protocol_version

Options
akamal
akamal Posts: 6

I have a testsuite that runs from command line using ./soatestcli -data "/home/was/Ram" -resource "/trouble_shoot" -config "user://Example Configuration" -localsettings "/app/release/jenkins/workspace/Functional_Nightly/qa-distribution/qa/resources/properties/functional-test.properties" -report "/home/was/Ram/Reports" -Zjava_home "/app/release/gs/java/jdk1.8.0_25" , this works perfectly .

However if i run the same test via maven command, this thing throws error shown below:-
Received fatal alert: protocol_version
Has any one encountered this before? what am i missing here

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭
    Options

How are you running this from maven? Are you configuring the same arguments in the pom? In particular, I think the maven plugin might not be launching soatestcli with the -Zjava_home if you didn't configure that in your pom.xml.

• akamal
    Options

Hi, I have it configured as /app/release/gs/java/jdk1.8.0_25
    this is under the configurations section for pom. That didnt work, any ideas on what may be causing it?

• akamal
    Options

Zjava_home /app/release/gs/java/jdk1.8.0_25 Zjava_home - without the xm tags

• benken_parasoft
    Options

Can you share the part of the pom.xml where you are configuring arguments for SOAtest?

• akamal
    edited March 2018
    Options
                     configuration 
                             soatestHome /app/release/gs/parasoft/soatest/9.9/ /soatestHome 
                             importArguments /app/release/jenkins/workspace/Functional_Nightly/comcast-qa-distribution/qa /importArguments 
                             localsettings resources/properties/functional-test.properties /localsettings 
                             config user://Example Configuration /config 
                             environment VDCQA /environment 
                             report resources/Reports/Aswak /report 
                             soatestTimeout 21600 /soatestTimeout 
                             Zjava_home /app/release/gs/java/jdk1.8.0_25 /Zjava_home 
                             tasks 
                             echo Hello,${JAVA_HOME} /echo 
                             /tasks 
                             resources 
                                !--  resource qa/Nightly Functional Tests 000000.tst /resource 
                                 resource qa/Nightly Functional Tests 000001.tst /resource 
                                 resource qa/Nightly Functional Tests 000002.tst /resource 
                                 resource qa/Nightly Functional Tests 000003.tst /resource 
                                 resource qa/Nightly Functional Tests 000004.tst /resource 
                                 resource qa/Nightly Functional Tests 000005.tst /resource -- 
                                 resource qa/JenkinsTest.tst /resource 
                             /resources 
                             vmargs 

vmarg -Duser.name=${env.SOATESTUSER} /vmarg 
                                 vmarg -Djsse.enableSNIExtension=false /vmarg 

/vmargs 
                         /configuration 

• akamal
    Options

I have taken off the xml tags as the site does not encode it to render properly.

• benken_parasoft
    Options

I was just reading the online docs and I am not really seeing a way to pass extra non-JVM args like -Zjava_home. At least, I suspect you are seeing the SSL error because SOAtest is trying to run with Java 7 instead of the Java 8 you are trying to use. Are you considering upgrading your SOAtest any time soon? SOAtest 9.10 runs with Java 8 by default.

• akamal
    Options

Ok, what i did was simply replace all java files under
    parasoft/test/9.9/plugins/com.parasoft.xtest.jdk.eclipse.core.linux.x86_64_1.7.0.76/jdk/bin/java
    with the java 1.8 files and soatest magically starts working
    Thanks Ben !