Suppose I created a rule and I want that rule to behave (name and severity wise ) as a MISRA 2012 rule. Where do I add it to MISRA 2012 rulemap?
In the Test Configuration Editor (i.e. in DTP)
1. Select the 'gears icon' next to the Tool that you are configuring the rulemap for (i.e. in DTP 5.3.3 this is labelled "DTP Engine for C/C++")
2. Select the Rule Map you are configuring in the pull-down
3. Select the "Upload/Download" tab
4. Upload your custom rule using the "Custom Rules" section (NOTE: if this section does not have the "Upload" button, then your user does not have the correct permissions)
5. (Optionally) edit the rule properties in the "Rule Customization" tab
See https://docs.parasoft.com/display/DTP533/Rule+Maps for more details
@Mark Lambert . I understand when managing all the MISRA 2012 rules in a centralized location (i.e. DTP). However, what if I duplicate and update MISRA 2012 rule locally via RuleWizard, how do I update the local (desktop) MISRA 2012 rulemap?
If you are using the full C/C++test desktop then this section of the docs should help with modifying the local rulemap; https://docs.parasoft.com/display/CPPDESKE1034/Modifying+Rule+Categories%2C+IDs%2C+Names%2C+and+Severity+Levels
One thing to note, which is probably what you are experiencing ... when you edit a rule that has been remapped (such as one of the MISRA 2012 rules, that are remaps of other rules) then the rule still has the internal ID for the original. So you have two options;
1) Create the new/updated rule with the MISRA category ID
2) Update the new/updated rule in the Rule Map