Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.
Parasoft announces the release of C/C++test, dotTEST, Jtest 10.3.3, and Parasoft DTP 5.3.3
kbhandari Posts: 30 admin
We are happy to have released the latest updates to Parasoft’s development testing products, including the 10.3.3 versions of Parasoft C/C++test, Parasoft dotTEST, and Parasoft Jtest. In addition to the 5.3.3 versions of Parasoft DTP and the Parasoft DTP Enterprise Pack.
For this update, we focused on providing customers with enhancements in the following areas:
- Easing the pain of compliance
- Making unit testing a little less insufferable
- Understanding the impact of change in the codebase
- Enhanced infrastructure and environment support
Detailed specifics of each item are listed below or read more about the release on our blog.
1. Easing the pain of compliance
- Improvements to the MISRA Compliance Pack.
- Introduced a new requirements traceability REST API that enables you to directly associate code with the requirements or defects they implement/address.
2. Making unit testing a little less insufferable
- UTA now supports PowerMock, which allows the user to conveniently mock static methods and constructors for code isolation.
- Extended Spring support to include Spring Boot (in addition to Spring WebMVC), making it easier to create tests for Spring-based applications.
3. Understanding the impact of change in the codebase
- With DTP 5.3.3, metrics reporting and metrics API have been migrated from time-based to the build-based paradigm (in alignment with static analysis, test results, and code coverage).
- Leveraging a build-based paradigm, users are able to use dashboards, reports, and explorers to easily understand changes in the quality of the code base across builds and utilize advanced analytics to focus developer/tester activities.
4. Enhanced infrastructure and environment support
- Extended environment support across our development testing products so that you can leverage their power across your work.
- Added a reverse proxy configuration interface, within DTP, to ensure that your extensions and custom widgets function in your development environment.
Added support for the following compilers:
Microsoft Visual C++ 14.1x / 2017
WindRiver GCC 4.8.x (Static Analysis only)
IAR Compiler for ARM 8.11.x
The dotTEST and C/C++test plug-in for static analysis now supports Visual Studio 2017.
- The C/C++test plug-in now supports Eclipse 4.7.
- dotTEST can now analyze projects written in C# 7.0 and VB.NET 15.0.
- The Jtest plug-in now supports integrations with the latest versions of Eclipse, IntelliJ and Gradle.
To benefit from these updates:
- If you are an existing customer, you can go to the Parasoft Customer Portal to get access to the release notes and download the latest installers for the latest features.
- If you are new to Parasoft, please request a demo and one of our solution experts will be happy to answer questions and give you a more detailed demonstration.