Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

C/C++ rule engine failure

Options
alperen
alperen Posts: 6

I use C++test 9.0.
I've created bdf files for 3 different projects with "cpptestscan" command. Then, I've used these bdf files to create new projects in Parasoft and tried to run "Example Configurations", then it works. It works for 2 of the projects but doesn't work properly for the other one.
Firstly, these 3 projects can be build with their IDE without any error. Then have 2 question:

1) The project that bdf approach doesn't work gives this error for some files:

Coding Standards checker: error during parsing file.

Parasoft IDE show me warnings at some #include ... lines in the files, and these files are causing to the "parsing error". I've controlled bdf file content, and it has the proper include paths. I don't understand why this is happening.

2)In all of the project projects, I've tried to use my companies rule set, and it gives this error for 1 file in common:

C++test analysis errors in /foo_project/foo_folder/foo.c
1. Coding Standards checker: C/C++ rule engine failure.

I can't find anything about "rule engine failure" in the Parasoft User Guide or on the internet. I'm sure about that the compiler can compile this c file. Then what is wrong with it?

Logs in the console for "C/C++ rule engine failure":

[foo.c] Checking Coding Standards for:
/foo_project/foo_folder/foo.c
/foo_project/foo_folder/foo.h
[foo2.c] Error during analyzing file: foo2_path\foo2.c
[foo2.c] ...done.
[foo.c] ...failed.