Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Connect mongo db using DB Tool

Parasofttoudaya
Parasofttoudaya Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi Team,

How to connnect to Mongo DB and specially i wanted to use jsql on it. Please help me getting the necessary jar information

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

The DB Tool is only used for relational databases that understand SQL. For MongoDB, please visit https://marketplace.parasoft.com then search for "MongoDB Query Tool". Please read the included MondoDBQueryTool.pdf for usage details.

• Parasofttoudaya

Thanks benken, I am able to use the MondoDBQueryTool in my test. Unfortunately its requesting to use SSL specific to my application. I have seperate SSL as certificate where do i invoke for this DB Tool??

• benken_parasoft

where do i invoke for this DB Tool

I'm not sure I totally understand what you are asking or the issue you are describing. As I mentioned, you must use the MongoDB Query Tool, not the DB Tool.

Unfortunately its requesting to use SSL specific to my application

The MongoDB Query tool supports SSL. By default SSL is disabled. Look for the "Use SSL" field and then set the value to true.

• benken_parasoft
    edited September 2017

I found some detail about SSL here:
    http://mongodb.github.io/mongo-java-driver/3.5/driver/tutorials/ssl/

If you require a client certificate then you need to may need to set java system properties "javax.net.ssl.keyStore" and "javax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword". You could try setting these from an Extension Tool, perhaps run as a setup test:
    System.setProperty ("javax.net.ssl.keyStore","mycert.jks");
    System.setProperty ("javax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword","mypasswd");

Or you could set those on the SOAtest command line:
    soatest.exe -J-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore=mycert.jks -J-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword=mypasswd

• Parasofttoudaya

My SSL file was having something different extension, I fixed by installing it..
    Thanks Ben