Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

How to execute a simple soap request Without WSDL/WADL URL??

Just I want to execute a simple soap request without using WSDL/WADL... Using end point URL.. So what should I do to get response of the request.. And what are the steps and setup to be followed in transport tab??

Could you please help me in this??

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0

Hello :)

What you can do is add a new SOAP Client to your functional test, and then fill out your request under the Request tab. Afterwards, navigate to the Transport tab and, under "Endpoint", select the dropdown that says "WSDL" and set it to "Custom", at which point you can enter your end point URL. I hope that helps!

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

Please also configure the correct SOAP version on the Misc tab.

• sunil_subramanian
    sunil_subramanian Posts: 40

@benken_parasoft When I tried with soap client with custom end point but I'm receiving below error message could you please help me in this?

"This is typically caused by an incorrect username and/or password, but could also be caused by network problems"

for this what configuration we need to do

• benken_parasoft

This looks like an error from your web server, as opposed to an error from SOAtest. You can verify this by reviewing the response message in the Traffic Viewer chained to your SOAP Client. Offhand, I suspect your web server and/or web service requires authentication of some kind. Or, if you are configuring SOAtest to use an HTTP proxy server, please verify the proxy authentication settings. In cases like this, we can't tell you exactly what to do. You need to understand the security requirements of your web service, web server, and/or proxy server, whatever is happening to be returning this message back to SOAtest.

• sunil_subramanian
    sunil_subramanian Posts: 40

Even I have enabled proxy setting under parasoft-> preference->proxy and gave the host and port detals. Enabled the http authentication and Aldo given the user name password..
    Then under transport tab also enabled http header authentication and gave credentials.. Even though I'm getting the above error..

Do we need do any changes in browser internet options?? @benken_parasoft

• benken_parasoft
    edited May 2017

Do not enable HTTP authentication in your test if the error is from your HTTP proxy server. Let's use thread 7853 for any questions about how to configure HTTP proxy authentication.