Using Jenkins in Parasoft

sudeepparasoftsudeepparasoft Posts: 2

Hi,
Any one know how to use Jenkins for deploying/migrating services from one parasoft server to another.

I have on Dev instance and one External Instance and need to migrate the services created in Dev instance to External instances.

Comments

• JromeroJromero Posts: 20

Hi,

Could you please provide more specific details about what Parasoft Tools you are using, and your end goal to assists you better!

Thank you

• OmarROmarR Posts: 163 admin

Hello Sudeepparasoft,

I would recommend using source control. You could check-in your Dev project folders (not workspace) containing all your artifacts (.pva, .pvadd, .pmpdd, etc.) as a single "component" and have your "External" instances automatically check them out from SCM.

• sudeepparasoftsudeepparasoft Posts: 2

Hi Jromero
    I am using Parasoft virtualize 9.9.5 version for both Dev and External instance. Right now team made changes to Dev instance which is to be migrated to External instance. Team wants to use Jenkins/ other build tools to migrate the code to other parasoft server.
    please advice on how to do that.
    Thank you

• JromeroJromero Posts: 20

Hi sudeepparasoft,

Your best shot to make sure none of the artifacts (.pva, .pvadd, .pmpdd, etc.) are lost/missing in the migration process is to create a script that would upload all projects to a source control (any source control) from Dev Instance server and then check out everything to the External instance, you can either accomplish your migration manually or use Jenkins to help you to automate the process. Any decision or process needs to be make at your organization structure access.

• DisharathodDisharathod Posts: 4

Hi sudeepparasoft, follow the links to visualize static analysis and test results in Jenkins with Parasoft Findings Plugin . https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Parasoft+Findings+Plugin

Best Regards,
    DevOps Online Training

• DisharathodDisharathod Posts: 4

Hi sudeepparasoft, follow the links to visualize static analysis and test results in Jenkins with Parasoft Findings Plugin . https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Parasoft+Findings+Plugin

Best Regards,
    DevOps Online Training

• igorigor Posts: 1

Hi, I have a pipeline job in Jenkins and I would like to visualize results of my static code analysis, but it looks like the Parasoft Findings Plugin does not support it.
    Are there any plans to introduce pipeline job support any time soon?

• jakubiakjakubiak Posts: 179 ✭✭✭

We likely will add support for pipeline jobs to the Parasoft Findings plugin but there is no ETA yet.

• dgrabowskidgrabowski Posts: 1

Any progress on delivering plugin for Jenkins Pipeline ?

In fact, yes! The work is currently in progress and we expect an updated plugin to be uploaded to the Jenkins marketplace sometime in mid-December.

The Parasoft Findings plugin has been updated to support pipeline jobs - see https://plugins.jenkins.io/parasoft-findings and following the documentation link for details on how to use it.