Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Using Jenkins in Parasoft

Hi,
Any one know how to use Jenkins for deploying/migrating services from one parasoft server to another.

I have on Dev instance and one External Instance and need to migrate the services created in Dev instance to External instances.

Comments

• Jromero
    Jromero Posts: 28

Hi,

Could you please provide more specific details about what Parasoft Tools you are using, and your end goal to assists you better!

Thank you

• OmarR
    OmarR Posts: 233 admin

Hello Sudeepparasoft,

I would recommend using source control. You could check-in your Dev project folders (not workspace) containing all your artifacts (.pva, .pvadd, .pmpdd, etc.) as a single "component" and have your "External" instances automatically check them out from SCM.

• sudeepparasoft
    sudeepparasoft Posts: 2

Hi Jromero
    I am using Parasoft virtualize 9.9.5 version for both Dev and External instance. Right now team made changes to Dev instance which is to be migrated to External instance. Team wants to use Jenkins/ other build tools to migrate the code to other parasoft server.
    please advice on how to do that.
    Thank you

• Jromero
    Jromero Posts: 28

Hi sudeepparasoft,

Your best shot to make sure none of the artifacts (.pva, .pvadd, .pmpdd, etc.) are lost/missing in the migration process is to create a script that would upload all projects to a source control (any source control) from Dev Instance server and then check out everything to the External instance, you can either accomplish your migration manually or use Jenkins to help you to automate the process. Any decision or process needs to be make at your organization structure access.

• Disharathod
    Disharathod Posts: 4

Hi sudeepparasoft, follow the links to visualize static analysis and test results in Jenkins with Parasoft Findings Plugin . https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Parasoft+Findings+Plugin

Best Regards,
    DevOps Online Training

• Disharathod
    Disharathod Posts: 4

Hi sudeepparasoft, follow the links to visualize static analysis and test results in Jenkins with Parasoft Findings Plugin . https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Parasoft+Findings+Plugin

Best Regards,
    DevOps Online Training

• igor
    igor Posts: 1

Hi, I have a pipeline job in Jenkins and I would like to visualize results of my static code analysis, but it looks like the Parasoft Findings Plugin does not support it.
    Are there any plans to introduce pipeline job support any time soon?

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

We likely will add support for pipeline jobs to the Parasoft Findings plugin but there is no ETA yet.

• dgrabowski
    dgrabowski Posts: 1

Any progress on delivering plugin for Jenkins Pipeline ?

• jakubiak

In fact, yes! The work is currently in progress and we expect an updated plugin to be uploaded to the Jenkins marketplace sometime in mid-December.

• jakubiak

The Parasoft Findings plugin has been updated to support pipeline jobs - see https://plugins.jenkins.io/parasoft-findings and following the documentation link for details on how to use it.

• elch
    elch Posts: 95

Hi,

How Do I set rule documentation in Jenkins ? to link to documentation
    Where do I need to put the property ? On the Agent machine ?

Thanks

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

In Parasoft Findings, there is a field called "Settings". From docs:

Specify an absolute or workspace-relative path to the settings file used by your Parasoft Analyzer in the Settings field. The settings file should include the report.location property, which specifies where the report.xml file is saved. See the documentation for your analyzer for additional information about configuring the settings file

This settings file is something that you always configure for the Parasoft Analyzer (like "jtestcli -settings path/to/settings.properties"). You just need to provide the path to the same properties file here. Parasoft Findings reads this file to get certain information, including how to get rule documentation from your Parasoft DTP instance. From the docs:

Connect to DTP to access online documentation by setting the following properties:
    dtp.server
    dtp.port
    dtp.user
    dtp.password
    For local documentation, set the report.rules property to the directory that contains the analyzer documentation. For example:
    report.rules=/rules/doc

• elch

Hi,

Thanks for the quick follow-up & quick detailed.
    My main issue is that Although I have set my DTP settings , still no rule is been displayed. I even tried to set locally the settings on the Agent machine.
    But still no rules.
    Any suggestions.

Thanks

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

My main issue is that Although I have set my DTP settings , still no rule is been displayed

You like have something misconfigured. You can try checking the job's console output for clues. Otherwise, I'd recommend contacting Parasoft Support.

• elch

Thanks for the quick response.
    Some more info:

Some of the path rules that ends with ......\doc.com.parasoft.dottest\ , those rules documentation are been displayed.
    There are some rules that ends with ......\doc.dottest\ , this URL gives me empty rule page , changing to above URL will resolve the issue.

If that helps ?

• elch

Thanks on the quick response.

Some of the path rules that ends with ......\doc.com.parasoft.dottest\ , those rules documentation are been displayed.
    There are some rules that ends with ......\doc.dottest\ , this URL gives me empty rule page , changing to above URL will resolve the issue.

Is that help ?