Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Test Suite Reference - modifying and seeing/using the changes in the referencing test

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
edited March 2017 in SOAtest

When you modify the original test used as a Reference Test in another test suite, the changes will not immediately be visible in the referencing test suite and will not immediately be picked up when running the referencing test suite.

For example, if I were to create a Logon test with username "john". I reference that Logon test in another test suite. The referenced test is not editable in the test suite I reference it in. I have to edit the original Logon test. After editing the Logon test, I do not see the changes in the test suite where I reference it and when I run the test suite that is referencing the Logon test it doesn't pick up the changes.

I have to close and then open the test referencing the Logon test or I can restart SOAtest. After either the close/open or restart the changes will be visible in the referencing test suite and the changes will be picked up when running the referencing test suite.

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭
    Options

What John mentions is only in regards to running an already open tst file from the Test Case Explorer view in SOAtest Desktop. This does not apply to SOAtest Server, SOAtest command line, or when running a tst in SOAtest Desktop that is already closed.