Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

cpptesttrace --cpptesttraceTraceCommand setting

Skarb
Skarb Posts: 1

My build command, under Windows, use several different compilers toolchains (gcc, ARM, Microsoft VS), building several different components at once. I would like to collect traced commands only from particular compiler toolchain using cpptesttrace tool.

The cpptesttrace trace/collect data from all toolchains (predefined internally) in generated .bdf file, if run without any modifying options.

The --cpptesttraceTraceCommand option should help to define only particular traced commands/tools. For example if run on Windows command line (example from batch script):

cpptesttrace.exe --cpptesttraceTraceCommand=armcc\.exe$ ninja %*

collect only all armcc compiler usage, executed during ninja run, in generated .bdf file.

What is the syntax for define more that one tool using --cpptesttraceTraceCommand option, on Windows commandline? I need to trace armcc and armlink together. The hints on help message are not so clear. I have tested several combinations using | ' " () \ characters but without success. The experiments with setting environment variable CPPTEST_SCAN_TRACE_COMMAND fails in the similar way.

Comments

• jespinoza
    jespinoza Posts: 1

Hello Skarb can you please use the following:
    --cpptesttraceTraceCommand="(armcc.exe|armlink.exe)"

How to trace multiple executables with --cpptesttraceTraceCommand

--cpptesttraceTraceCommand="(exe_1|exe_2|...)"

• where each exe can be a regular expressions