Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Visual Studio 2012 support

LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in Insure++
is there an anticipated release date for a version that supports visual studio 2012 integration?
Thank you
Tagged:

Comments

• LegacyForum
    LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Hi Medent,

Yes, in fact, Insure++ version 7.4.3, (recently released), does support integration in VS 2012.

--Rich
  • pratikthakkar91
    pratikthakkar91 Posts: 2

OS - MICROSOFT windows 2012 server R2
    Framework - x64
    Insure++ version - 7.5

Hi,
    I am using a sample project which is having code for memory overrun in visual c++.
    I am able to detect the same error using insure++ in debug build of the project.
    But I am not able to detect the error in release build.
    Kindly assist on the same if possible as soon as possible.

• Rich
    Rich Posts: 34 ✭✭

Hi,
    Insure++ is a debugger. It depends on the debug build, (or at least the debugging symbols.) If you look at the log files you can clearly see this message while compiling in Release modes:

WARNING: no debugging flags detected!! Insure++ may not function properly

If you must run Insure++ against your release build, then simply modify the Release configuration to add debugging information. (On Microsoft platforms, that's "/Zi", on linux it would be "-g".)

• pratikthakkar91
    pratikthakkar91 Posts: 2

Debugging information already added "/Zi option". Still not working. Is there any other setting i can tweak or configuration changes which i can make.