Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Using pfx certificates with Parasoft SOAtest

Options
LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in SOAtest
Adding pfx certificates to the Keystore to access HTTPS web services
Hi,

I have a small issue in using pfx certificates with SOAtest. I am trying to test services against https endpoints. I have already followed the documentation about installing certificates and keytool import. But keytool accepts certificates of type .cert and not .pfx. So I extracted the .cert file from .pfx and used them but still not successfull. It would be great if someone can provide a workaround at the earliest.

Thanks a ton
Regards,
Sayana
Tagged:

Comments

• LegacyForum
    Options
    Hi Sayana,

The easiest solution for your issue would be to set SOAtest to trust all certificates. This can be done as follows:
    1. Choose Parasoft> Preferences to open the Preferences dialog.
    2. Select Parasoft> SOAtest> Security from the left pane of the Preferences dialog, then select the Trust all certificates option in the right pane.
    3. Clock OK or Apply to apply the change.

Assuming that you're testing a web service and want to enable client side SSL, you can configure SOAtest to use the key store as such:

1. Go to Help> Help Contents
    2. Go to Parasoft SOAtest User's Guide > Functional/Integration Testing > End-to-End Test Scenarios> Adding Global Test Suite Properties, then follow the instructions under Global Key Stores.
    3. Double-click on the relevant test. In the Transport tab, choose Security on the left hand side.
    4. Under Client Side SSL, check Use Client Keystore and select the Key Store you just set up from the drop-down menu.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Best regards,
    Sam
  • LegacyForum
    Options
    Hi Sam,

Thanks
    The problem has been solved
    Thanks a lot for your help

Regards,
    Sayana