Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

SOAtest concurrent license usage for particular time ?

LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
How we can check , how many users are using at the particular time .
Hi ,

I just want to know that how do I can track the concurrent license usage for my SOAtest tool, here we are many users will be using but in Report Center I can able to see only how many users have used SOAtest from last 7,15,30 days ..

But our clear requirement is how do I can check ,suppose for 1.00 pm how many users have logged into SOAtest , at 1.10 PM how many users are there ..

This is because we can identify our license requirement and go ahead with some more license if the current license are not sufficient .

Thanks ,

Comments

• LegacyForum
    Hi Raghu,

You can view historical information about maximum concurrent usage per day by going in Report Center to the menu Practices > Tools Usage. From that report click on the graph "Maximum concurrent usage history". This will give you historical data about the maximum concurrent usage by day. It does not break it down into specific times within the day, but this should still give you a lot of information about your team's current usage of the product. You may also see other information on the Tools Usage graph that can help you.

There is one other place you can go to get information about what users are currently using the product at the exact time that you look at the report. Go to License Server, and click on Licenses Summary. On that page you will see a list of the users and machines that have particular license tokens at that moment.

Nathan
  • LegacyForum
    Hi Nathan,

Thank you very much for the comments , really it works good . But we were bit interested in looking for on a particular time (We use to have this for QC , ClearCase so). And also I need to check with you one more important updates that is about automatic time out settings for SOAtest . Since many users are not closing their SOAtest IDE from many days irrespective of their usage or anything , because of this others are not able to log in to SOAtest because NO MORE TOKENS are available (All available license are in use) so If we could have option like automatic close of SOAtest if the user is not using for some time (example say 10 min) .. is this option is available any where in Report Center/SOAtest . if so how we could achieve this .. Highly appreciate your all help...

Thanks ,
  • LegacyForum
    Hi Raghu,

This is more of an account management issue, which I am not prepared to discuss so I have forwarded your questions on to your technical account manager. He should be following up with you. You can also follow up directly with him as well.

Nathan
  • LegacyForum
    Hello Nathan,

Thanks , Yes we are contecting them and not sure about the option. I have reffered many user guides but no where mentioned about the time out option..

Thanks a lot.
This discussion has been closed.