Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Run a single test from command line

Options
LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in SOAtest
When we converted to Soatest 6.2 we chose to create our projects NOT under source control and to leave them in their original location. Now when i use the soatestcli.exe command it runs every .tst in my workspace even though i specify which test to run. My command looks like this
-resource"C:\Documents and Settings\user\soatest\workspace\ErrorLogTests.tst" I currently have three separate projects i have created and it runs all three ".tst" tests.

What am i doing wrong?
Tagged:

Comments

• LegacyForum
    Options
    What is the full command, with arguments, that you are using to run soatestcli.exe? The -resource flag should be followed by a filepath argument that is relative to your workspace directory, which should already be defined by the -data flag and argument; for instance, -resource "test/myTest.tst" would be a valid argument for -resource. You should refer to our help documentation under SOAtest User's Guide > Test and Analysis Basics > Running Tests and Analysis > Testing from the Command Line Interface (soatestcli) for examples. Regards,

orson

When we converted to Soatest 6.2 we chose to create our projects NOT under source control and to leave them in their original location. Now when i use the soatestcli.exe command it runs every .tst in my workspace even though i specify which test to run. My command looks like this
    -resource"C:\Documents and Settings\user\soatest\workspace\ErrorLogTests.tst" I currently have three separate projects i have created and it runs all three ".tst" tests.

What am i doing wrong?

• LegacyForum
    Options
    thanks I wasn't including the -data flag I have trying to follow the Command Line Interface Migration guide, but they really didn't show an example like my specific situation.......That did the trick.............

What is the full command, with arguments, that you are using to run soatestcli.exe? The -resource flag should be followed by a filepath argument that is relative to your workspace directory, which should already be defined by the -data flag and argument; for instance, -resource "test/myTest.tst" would be a valid argument for -resource. You should refer to our help documentation under SOAtest User's Guide > Test and Analysis Basics > Running Tests and Analysis > Testing from the Command Line Interface (soatestcli) for examples. Regards,

orson

What am i doing wrong?

Tagged