Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Find dynamically generated value in page

Options
LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
Hello,

I am newbie in webking, looking help from you in one of case .. below is detail

In my application, we have one data-entry page where user need to put the data, once he submit the date, application create on unique ID and display that id in form. I want to store that ID and in search form would like to use that Id, can you please help me how to do this.. also after search when result display in grid i wanted to search that newly created ID in that page for match.

Comments

• LegacyForum
    LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
    Options
    Hey -

Sorry for the late response. What you need to do after you create the recording is:

1) Select the step that shows the ID in the "Tests" tab. Double click on it to open the Editor.

2) In the editor, click the "Rendered View" tab. Right click on the ID text or element and select "Create Test/Extract Value for [var] Element..."

3) Check the items you want to extract in the subsequent dialog window.

4) Go to Validations/Extractions tab and select the ID element.

5) On the bottom, select the Extract to Data Source field and check "Extract to Data Source". Enter the Column Name.

6) On the test where you need to type in the ID, select Parameterized and select the column name from step 5 above.

You can use the ID value to parameterize tests following the one from which you get the ID element; however, you can't write it out to a file for later use. Regards,

Orson

Hello,

I am newbie in webking, looking help from you in one of case .. below is detail

In my application, we have one data-entry page where user need to put the data, once he submit the date, application create on unique ID and display that id in form. I want to store that ID and in search form would like to use that Id, can you please help me how to do this.. also after search when result display in grid i wanted to search that newly created ID in that page for match.