Information on project_loc variable

LegacyForumLegacyForum Posts: 1,669 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in C/C++test
I am running VS 2008 with the integrated C++Test. Sometime when I run C++Test everything is fine, but other times, I have to remove the ${project_loc} and replace it with a hardcoded path.

How and where is project_loc defined within C++Test? Not sure why it is getting overwritten or why C++Test can not recognize the project_loc. I want to make sure that it is set correctly or that I have not removed this setting.

Thanks
James

Comments

• LegacyForumLegacyForum Posts: 1,669 ✭✭

I am running VS 2008 with the integrated C++Test. Sometime when I run C++Test everything is fine, but other times, I have to remove the ${project_loc} and replace it with a hardcoded path.

How and where is project_loc defined within C++Test? Not sure why it is getting overwritten or why C++Test can not recognize the project_loc. I want to make sure that it is set correctly or that I have not removed this setting.

Thanks
    James

Hi,

project_loc is going to refer to the location of the project in the workspace, (usually in your documents and settings directory, it is *NOT* necessarily where your source code is.

resource_loc is probably what you want, rather than hard-coding the paths, for example, suppose your project is named Foo, and one of your source files is named: zork.cpp.

${resource_loc:/Foo/zork.cpp}

will expand to the correct location for that resource. This is an excellent way of specifying locations of makefiles as well.

--Rich