Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Information on project_loc variable

LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in C/C++test
I am running VS 2008 with the integrated C++Test. Sometime when I run C++Test everything is fine, but other times, I have to remove the ${project_loc} and replace it with a hardcoded path.

How and where is project_loc defined within C++Test? Not sure why it is getting overwritten or why C++Test can not recognize the project_loc. I want to make sure that it is set correctly or that I have not removed this setting.

Thanks
James

Comments

• LegacyForum
    LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭

I am running VS 2008 with the integrated C++Test. Sometime when I run C++Test everything is fine, but other times, I have to remove the ${project_loc} and replace it with a hardcoded path.

How and where is project_loc defined within C++Test? Not sure why it is getting overwritten or why C++Test can not recognize the project_loc. I want to make sure that it is set correctly or that I have not removed this setting.

Thanks
    James

Hi,

project_loc is going to refer to the location of the project in the workspace, (usually in your documents and settings directory, it is *NOT* necessarily where your source code is.

resource_loc is probably what you want, rather than hard-coding the paths, for example, suppose your project is named Foo, and one of your source files is named: zork.cpp.

${resource_loc:/Foo/zork.cpp}

will expand to the correct location for that resource. This is an excellent way of specifying locations of makefiles as well.

--Rich