Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Using Test Results from within the a test Suite

Options
LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in SOAtest
Hello, I have 5.5.2 Service pack 10

I have a test suite with 10 individual tests, i would like to have access to the different test results so i can do an SQL insert with that information.

Is this information available as a variable? How might you suggest performing this action - I saves me from post-processing the XML - thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• LegacyForum
    LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
    Options
    I'm assuming your 10 individual tests are SOAP Clients or Messaging Client which are used to consume a service. The service responds back with some payload that you want to use in your SQL queries. You can attach an XML Data Bank to the Response of the SOAP Client. The XML Data Bank will be populated with the service's response and it has a nice GUI that allows you to extract any element and/or its value. You can store them into SOAtest's internal dynamic data source (XML Data Bank) and reuse the values in your SQL query in a Db tool.

Please refer to XML Data Bank and Db tool in our docs for more information

Hello, I have 5.5.2 Service pack 10

I have a test suite with 10 individual tests, i would like to have access to the different test results so i can do an SQL insert with that information.

Is this information available as a variable? How might you suggest performing this action - I saves me from post-processing the XML - thanks.

Tagged