Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

How can we automate "Save Tree As Text"

LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
In command line API, I have'nt found any command which allows to save Project Tree.

Is it possible to do so by using scripting API (com.parasoft...) ?

If Yes, which package / class can do it ?

If No, how can I proceed to automate a Refresh + Save Tree As Text (I have to do it each month for 70 websites) ?

Thanks in advance,

Denis.

Comments

• LegacyForum
    Hi Denis,

Unfortunately saving the project tree as text is only an option that is available from the UI. There is a command line option that allows you to save a project - perhaps that will help you automate part of the process. See WebKing's command line documentation for information about the "saveproject" command.

If the saveproject command is not sufficient for your needs, and since this is something that you need to do frequently, feel free to contact your Parasoft sales associate if you feel that your company would be interested in engaging Parasoft's services to add that option into the product for you.
  • LegacyForum

Hi Denis,

Unfortunately saving the project tree as text is only an option that is available from the UI. There is a command line option that allows you to save a project - perhaps that will help you automate part of the process. See WebKing's command line documentation for information about the "saveproject" command.

If the saveproject command is not sufficient for your needs, and since this is something that you need to do frequently, feel free to contact your Parasoft sales associate if you feel that your company would be interested in engaging Parasoft's services to add that option into the product for you.

Thanks for answer.
    My need was to retrieve all site content, and to store all corresponding URLs in a database for further treatments. I've realized it by parsing the Project tree, but without any possible automatisation, it's no longer a solution.
    I think I'm going to use a very simple rule, always raised. Sure that I'll obtain only pages' URL, and not the whole site content, but it's convenient for me.

But all in all, I think that it's really a pity that no "Site content" report exists yet in Webking. Your competitors, like Policy Tester (Watchfire) have it (and give us each page weight at the same time).

Best regards,

Denis.