Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Unable to generate security tests for Ajax applications

Options
LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
Hi,

I've been trying to get WebKing (v6.0.5) to generate Security tests for an Ajax applications, but had no success so far. Here's an issue I encountered:

When I tried creating an Ajax Test Suite (for http://maps.google.com/ for example), with both"Generate Functional Tests" and "Generate Security Tests" checked, right after closing the IE window the following was displayed in the "Messages" console:

--------- Create Ajax Test Suite ------------
Create Ajax Test Suite - finished

However, in the "Tests" tab, only the Functional Test Suite was created, but NOT the Security Test Suite.

I also tried creating an Ajax test suite with only "Generate Security Tests" selected, but no test suite was generated in the Tests tab as a result.

As i didn't see anything specifically helpful in WebKing documentation, has anyone had any success with generating security tests for Ajax applications? If so, could you share what exactly needs to be done to get this to work?

Any quick insights on this much appreciated!

Thanks,
Rachel

Comments

• LegacyForum
    LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Rachel,

When recording an AJAX functional test suite with the "Generate Security Tests" option checked, WebKing will generate security tests for asynchronous requests (but only asynchronous requests).

You can also create security tests by recording a path (as opposed to an AJAX functional test suite) and create security tests for a given path element. During recording, a new path element is created when the URL changes.

These two options will often catch most of the test cases.

For more information, see the section "Performing Security Testing" in the WebKing user's guide.