Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Parallel execution

LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in SOAtest
Hello,

I have a big soa test project with 5 independent test suites. I have 5 machines (servers) that are sitting idle. One option is to set a common endpoint and send the requests to one machine. On the other hand it would be ideal if I could sent 1 test suite to every machine in order to finish the job in the 1/5th of time. Is it possible? How?

Kind regards,
Lefteris
Tagged:

Comments

• LegacyForum
    You can specify a different endpoint for each test case. I'm assuming you're either using a SOAP Client or a Messaging Client. So yes it's possible for you to specify a specific endpoint for all tests in each test suite. You can specify the desired endpoint by going to the Transport tab for either SOAP Client or Messaging Client

Hello,

I have a big soa test project with 5 independent test suites. I have 5 machines (servers) that are sitting idle. One option is to set a common endpoint and send the requests to one machine. On the other hand it would be ideal if I could sent 1 test suite to every machine in order to finish the job in the 1/5th of time. Is it possible? How?

Kind regards,
    Lefteris

• LegacyForum
    Hi,

Thanks for replying. I know that you can add different endpoint to different test suites. Probably I didn't make
    my self clear.

Assuming that we have test cases with different endpoints is it possible to make those test run at the same time?
    Is it possible to start at the same time? This will add parallelism to the execution.

Lefteris
  • LegacyForum
    Yes that's possible. I assume your project structure looks like the following:

CODE
    Test Suite: Parent Suite
      Test Suite: Child Suite 1
          Test 1
          Test 2
      Test Suite: Child Suite 2
          Test 1
          Test 2
      Test Suite: Child Suite 3
          Test 1
          Test 2
      Test Suite: Child Suite 4
          Test 1
          Test 2
      Test Suite: Child Suite 5
          Test 1
          Test 2

To my understanding, you want each of the "Child Suite"'s to run at the same time. Any time you want to do that, you go to the parent test suite that contains the tests. In this case it would be "Parent Suite" (which contains the Child Suites "tests"). After clicking on it, select "Execution Options" tab on the right. Under "Execution Mode", select "Tests run concurrently".

This will allow all the Child Suite's to run concurrently. If you want each of the Tests inside each of the Child Suite to run concurrently as well, you simply go through the same steps above by selecting each of the Child Suites.

Hope that helps.

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I know that you can add different endpoint to different test suites. Probably I didn't make
    my self clear.

Assuming that we have test cases with different endpoints is it possible to make those test run at the same time?
    Is it possible to start at the same time? This will add parallelism to the execution.

Lefteris

Tagged