Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

How do I create a path for functional tests involving modal windows?

Options
LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
Hi, we just started using WebKing and I'm having problems with testing a modal window (choose file dialog) in our java web application. WebKing does not record the actions in this modal window nor does it detect the window.

Could you please outline for me the steps I have to perform to create the path that would allow me to test these windows?

From the FAQ:
WebKing can be used to perform tests on paths that include Modal Windows, the only limitation that WebKing has is that the recording of the path through the browser does not pick up what happens in the modal windows. So for functional tests that involve them, that part of the path will have to be created manually.

Comments

• LegacyForum
    Options
    From your post, it's not entirely clear what you are trying to do. You can send an email to webkingsupport@parasoft.com with your project file and a detailed description of what you're trying to do (the step in the recorded path where the dialog should appear, how you are generating the dialog, etc.) and we should be able to help you.
  • LegacyForum
    Options
    I'm a newbie, so this could be something simple or not, but I'm creating functional tests to test a web application. In our web application we have buttons that generate modal window pop-ups, for example when clicking on the [Import File] button a "Choose File" pop-up is generated for selecting a file to import. WebKing does not detect or record these pop-up windows.

I need to know how to get WebKing to recognize these pop-up windows.

I sent the project file to customer support and will be working with them to solve this issue.