Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Integrating alternate editor

LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
What wild cards do I use to construct command line arguments to be
passed to my editor of choice (VisualSlick Edit). I've figured out %F for
the filename... what do I use for line number? Where is this documented
in the documentation? The section on Editor integration doesn't say
what parameter carries along the line number information.

Comments

• LegacyForum
    LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
    Hello Animus,

The following is taken from the "External Tool" section in the WebKing documentation (addtool.htm). The same parameters apply to adding an external editor:

%F: This argument passes the filename and path of the selected item. It allows the tool to operate on the selected item. If you invoke a tool using this argument, the item for which it was invoked will be "ghosted" and assigned a temporary filename. You can avoid this ghosting by using the %u argument, if applicable. %F is the most commonly used argument.

%f: This argument passes the filename, but not the path, of the selected item.

%u: This argument passes the URL of the selected item. It works on simple URLs (URLs for pages without form submissions) as long as the associated tool can work with URLs.

%l: This argument passes any relevant line number information.

Note that when the correct information cannot be found, %f defaults to %F (the entire path) and %l defaults to "1".

Regards,
    -employee.