Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

JMS NamingException

LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in SOAtest
Unable to execute a SOATest while trying to send a msg to WAS
Hello,

I am trying to send a message from SOATest to a queue registered on a WAS-server.
I get the following error message in the SOATest console:
JNDI NamingException: class com.websphere.naming. CannotInstantiateObjectException. This could be caused by a failure to connect to the JNDI server or a failure to locate the Queue Connection Factory jms/SOAPJMSFactorySSC

And in the Text-tab of SOATest I get: com.ibm.websphere.naming.CannotInstantiateObjectException: Exception occurred while the JNDI NamingManager was processing a javax.naming.Reference object. [Root exception is javax.jms.JMSException: MQJMS1006: invalid value for tempQPrefix: ]

When I run a dumpnamespace.bat script however I can in fact see the jms/SOAPJMSFactorySSC.

Question: what must I do in order for the SOATest to run?
Tagged:

Comments

• LegacyForum
    edited April 2008
    You should be able to find documentation for the necessary configuration needed when testing WAS server via JMS. Please see the following section of the SOAtest documentation (Help > Documentation or F1)

Testing Through Other Protocols > Using the JMS Transport in SOAtest > Testing JMS applications deployed on IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS)
  • LegacyForum
    edited April 2008
    Your suggestion: "Help > Documentation or F1"
    led to the 'soatest -ask' option we had exercised before.

Finally we discovered what was wrong: SOATest picked up the system CLASSPATH, which pointed to another jre. Creating a bat-file in the soatest.exe directory solved the problem:

set CLASSPATH=
    soatest

Tagged