Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

How to ignore whitespace diffs in regression controls

LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
Using WebKing 6 I'm wondering - is there a way to have it ignore whitespace changes in regression controls, I mean as a rule rather than having to manually tell it to ignore each individual case (which could potentially mask other real regression)?

When I run my tests against a different test server (running weblogic 10 versus weblogic 8) regressions are being flagged where the only difference is an extra space within some HTML tag values, for example <td align="center">value</td> versus <td align="center">value </td> Of course the real question would be why are these extra spaces being generated, but that is not WebKing's problem.

Thanks for any help...
-Greg

Comments

• LegacyForum
    LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
    This functionality is included as of WebKing 6.0.4 SP5. It is on by default for any new tests, and can be enabled for saved tests by checking on "Ignore whitespace" in the Test Functionality tool options.