Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

How to add a global method

Options
LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in SOAtest
Hi,

We have in our SOAP tests a lot many operations that are using the same method for some or the other purposes. How do I add a method globally so that instead of calling the same method in every opertaion, I can call that once for all of the operations?

Ex: We have operations 1A, 1B, 1C using the same method 2A. And currently I am including method2A in each of the 1A,1B,1C. The issue here is if I need to make some minor changes in the method, then I need to go and do that in each of the operation. So instead of this, if I can declare this method globally and can call this for each of the operation it would be great.

I added the method as a TOOL but I guess it's not serving my purpose. Is there anyway by which this is supported currently in SOAP Test

Thanks,
Shyam
Tagged:

Comments

• LegacyForum
    LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
    Options
    Hello,

You should be able to accomplish this by adding a Method Tool as a Global Tool( Right-Click>Add to Project>Add Global...> Add Tool).
    Then, when you wish to add the that Method Tool somewhere, you would switch from "Create New Tool" to "Reference Global Tool" and select the Tool.

~Joe

Tagged