Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

IE Error in Webking 6.0

Options
LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited April 2007 in Ask a question
I am getting an IE Error in Webking 6.0
Hi,

I am using Parasoft Webking 6.0 trial version and trying to Create Functional tests scripts for our Non-Ajax supported site. In start URL i gave our site address and selected ?Create Functionality Tests? option and clicked on Finish button. Then automatically IE browser (I am using IE 6.0) came up in a new window, but it didn?t load our website. After some time i got an error saying "Unable to start the Internet Explorer test framework" in WebKing application. I am attaching a screen shot of the error i got along with this query.
Please let me know what might be wrong or is there any settings(either in IE6.0 or in Webking6.0) that need to be done prior to start scripting.

My System is running on Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition, Service Pack 1, 2.26GHz and 1.00 GB of RAM.

What am I doing wrong? I do have enabled the "enable third-party browser extensions" option checked in Internet Explorer (it was already checked). Am I missing something?

Thanks
Vinuthan N

Comments

• LegacyForum
    Options
    Hello,

This is an issue to which we have assigned the highest priority. To help resolve the issue, I need to few extra pieces of information.

1) Do you connect with the internet via a proxy? If this is the case make sure that your proxy is configured correctly in Internet Explorer and that WebKing is set to use the system configuration. You can set this in WebKing by choosing File->Customize Preferences and choosing Proxy.

2) What build of WebKing 6.0 are you using? You can check this by choosing Help->About. If you are not using 6.0.1, which is the latest build, you may contact your sales rep as to where the latest version can be downloaded.

3) Would it be possible to get your email address so that I can send you a DLL file to place in WebKing's install directory. This dll will produce a log file that we can use to determine the cause of the problem. I can be reached at pinchot@parasoft.com or through webkingsupport@parasoft.com.
  • LegacyForum
    Options
    Hi jmpinchot,

Thank you for your comments. Below are my answers to your questions.

1. No we are not using Proxy.
    2. we are using version 6.0 (Build date: March 19,2007).
    3. we tried this option also, i will be attaching "ie.log" with this query for yor reference. Still if you want to send the DLL file you can mail me at nvinuthan@firstam.com.

once again thanks for your information.

Thanks
    Vinuthan N
  • LegacyForum
    Options
    This problem has been fixed. The fix can be found by downloading the latest version of WebKing (at the time of writing, 6.0.2) from your specified download location. Contact your sales representative or request the latest version from WebKing Home Page to receive the latest version.

If the problem persists please contact us at WebKing Support