Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

How to export/import customized tools?

Options
LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
get customized tools into another WK
Hello! I've a test project and a bunch of tools that I customized for testing it (e.g. by defining what tools should be run during a Statical Analysis).

Now I need to be able to run exactly the same test on another machine with another installation of Webking. So I need to get the definitions of my customized tools from my WK into the WK on the target machine. Is there a way to do that?

I cannot simply open WK on the target machine and re-define the tools there because I'm not able to run it there in the GUI mode.

I've found out that the tools customizations are stored in Parasoft/Webking/5.5/.wkp but if I copy it to the target machine, some things stop working because this file defines paths that are not valid on that machine (and can't be as the source machine runs Windows while the target one Linux).

Thank you for an advice!

Comments

• LegacyForum
    Options
    Are the only issues the file paths? Are some tools not running at all/to completion, or producing errors that they otherwise shouldnt?

If these problems are not visible, you can pass the "webking" executable a "-logexjs" flag to have it print any problems it finds to the console.

Make sure that any tool that requires a file path is set to use relative paths, this way if you can at least mimic the directory structure on the linux machine, there should be no problems. Another final thing to check is that the properties file is renamed to the name of the user on the linux box, otherwise you may find that a new preferences file is created and used in lieu of the file you copied over.
  • LegacyForum
    Options
    Yes, the paths are the only problems. Also some of the tools don't run because they don't find some files they need, but that's their problem.

Actually Webking does fix all (at least in this case) of the paths problems itself - when I run it for the 2nd time on the new machine, it doesn't report the paths problems anymore. So the only remaining problem is that of the paths expected by some of the tools, which isn't, of course, a problem of WK.

Thanks.