Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Extending a path using record in browser

Options
LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
how to?
Hi,

After initially creating a path using Record in Browser, is it possible to subsequently add to that path using Record in Browser? For instance if I forget to include a certain click path the first time, or if I want to record initial paths as high-level "entry points" and return later to add more detail, can I start recording from a node in the path to extend it? I'm using WK 5.5 on WinXP.

Thanks, Greg

Comments

• LegacyForum
    LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
    Options
    There is no way at this time to expand an existing path by using the Record option to open up the browser to record from where you left off. In order to add additional steps in a path from an existing path, there are a few options:

1) You may right click on the desired node in any path and select "Add Path... ". From here you may enter in the url of the desired page to visit.

2) You may right click on the desired node in any path and select "Expand Links...". This will open up a dialog containing a list of all clickable links WebKing has found on that page. You can choose to spider from the selected node furthur into the application by selecting as many of the links that you'd like to follow, and the desired depth to spider (For more information on this see the Expanding Links section of "Recording and Generating Paths (Creating Test Scripts)" in the WebKing documentation).

3) If the next step in the path you wish to create contains a form test, you can right click on the node that contains the desired form and select "Add Form Test", and then the name of the form you wish to fill out. This will bring up the Form Input Dialog and allow you to populate the form correctly. To extend this path furthur, you'll have to use one of the above two methods.

Please let me know if you need any furthur information.