Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Path recording problem

Options
LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
I've recently installed WebKing. I'm trying to run a few scans on a dynamic web application, so I tried to record a path with Internet Explorer.

Well, Internet Explorer loads, I fill in the application's login form information, but when I submit I just get an empty screen in Internet Explorer. I see that WebKing recorded the form information, I know the form submitted because of the server log, and the problem doesn't occur when using Internet Explorer without recording/webking.

What am I doing wrong? I do have the "enable third-party browser extensions" option checked in Internet Explorer (it was already checked). Am I missing something?

Comments

• LegacyForum
    Options
    Would it be possible to get a hold of the test case that reprocudes this problem? Also it would be helpful to know the type of operating system you are running, the installed JRE, and the version of WebKing that you installed.
  • LegacyForum
    Options
    I'm not sure how I would share the functional test. It's not a functional test that's causing the problem. It's adding a path for a site and selecting record instead of adding a path to an individual page.

I'm using Windows XP SP2. I've tried this on two machines and I'm getting the same problem. One is using java 1.4.2 and the other is using java 1.5.0.

I'm still not sure what's causing the problem, but I just now found a workaround. If I hit refresh when I hit a blank page, the page I expected to see shows up and I can continue recording while hitting refresh over and over again for some of the other pages (about 5% of the time).