Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Questions about Ignoring

Options
LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
Few questions regarding the ignore feature.
1) How would I ignore something that webking hasn't seen a difference in yet, for example a date? Right now I have to wait and test every day, month and year before webking will see a difference and allow me to ignore them. Here's the html code, notice that the snippet selected="selected" will move everday, so in order to ignore the whole select section I would have to run my regressions everday and ignore whatever day is selected.
CODE
<select name="day" size="1"><option value="1">1</option>
<option value="2">2</option>
<option value="3">3</option>
<option value="4">4</option>
<option value="28">28</option>
<option value="29">29</option>
<option value="30" selected="selected">30</option>
<option value="31">31</option></select>

2) When I update a page, the ignores I have on that page go away. Is there a way to keep them and update whatever HTML changed?

3) When using the test suite I noticed my ignores are one fits all, is there a way for me to specify for row 1,2, and 5 ignore this but for row 3 and 4 ignore this?

Comments

• LegacyForum
    LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi,

1) Currently, the ignored differences cannot be configured in advance. In other words, at least one test must be run for WebKing to detect the differences and allow users to choose to ignore them. You only need to do this once, however, until a new difference occurs (says, the month changes).
    2) If the change in the html code is small, you can manually change the control so that the ignored differences can be kept. If there are a lot of changes, it is probably best to update the control entirely and rerun the test to reconfigure the ignore differences.
    3) Currently, the ignored differences are applied to the controls of all rows. This can be a useful feature, and we might consider doing this for future releases.