Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

LDAP support (Non AD)

Options
PatrickM
PatrickM Posts: 2

I'm struggling to get DTP hooked up to our LDAP server (Authentik).

It connects but just hangs infinitely when querying users. Sometimes it times out throwing some useless Java stacktraces, the behaviour seems inconsistent.

I'm curious did anyone manage to use Parasoft DTP (or any of their products really) with a pure LDAP server (not in a Microsoft Active Directory environment)? I'm starting to think it's never been tested and/or supported...

Tagged:

Comments

• JeehongMin
    JeehongMin Posts: 35 ✭✭
    Options

Yes, we have integrated DTP with many different LDAP servers, e.g., OpenLDAP, Apache directory server, Red Hat Directory Server, and many other flavors of LDAP servers.

• PatrickM
    PatrickM Posts: 2
    Options

Ok so i must be doing something wrong! Could you share some of the relevant config options? Eg. there's no BindDN confg option, but i use a DN in the username field and it connects. But it hangs when it tries to list the users.

• JeehongMin
    JeehongMin Posts: 35 ✭✭
    Options

I see that you have filed a support ticket. Our support team will be getting back to you shortly.

Tagged