Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Report that has request/response in SOA 9.10

sansachie
sansachie Posts: 26

Normally in the report for project in which a few TCs are failed we can see the request/response XML by clicking on traffic viewer on the HTML report generated. Similarly how to get all the passed TCs details as well with a link to request/resposne XML ?

Tagged:

Comments

• bpowell
    bpowell Posts: 4

To see traffic for tests that pass you can enable 'Report traffic for all tests' in the test configuration.

Steps:
    1. From the menu select Parasoft > Test Configurations ...
    2. Under SOAtest node select the User-defined test configuration you want to change (e.g. Example Configuration)
    3. Click the Execution tab
    4. Enable 'Report traffic for all tests'
    5. Apply and close
    6. Run tests using the test configuration you just modified

You will now see a "Test Traffic [All Tests] section towards the bottom of the report for tests that pass and a link to the traffic.

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

Some additional detail, from an earlier post:

To capture all traffic, enable the option in the test configuration to "Report traffic for all tests". Next, in the Parasoft preferences under Reports, enable "Overview of checked files and executed tests" and disable "Only top-level test suites". This way, the XML and HTML reports will capture all traffic and present that information for individual test cases.

• sansachie
    sansachie Posts: 26

Thank you.

• 27farzana
    27farzana Posts: 2

I tried generating reports with traffic response.. But it is blank and view traffic is also not hyperlinked
    ...please suggest any additional settings required

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

Hi 27farzana, please provide more details about the behavior you are seeing - it's not clear what is going wrong from what you've said.

• Sangeeth
    Sangeeth Posts: 1
    edited June 2021

Hi, am Facing an issue while generating the report with traffic responses, as showed above bpowell. I have increased the Trafic Limit (KB) : as 900000.Still am getting blank report for long files. And am facing this issue after the soatest upgrade.
    Can anyone plz suggest an idea? ...

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

@Sangeeth - what version of SOAtest are you using?

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

I have increased the Trafic Limit (KB) : as 900000.Still am getting blank report for long files

I believe this is a known issue in SOAtest 2020.x that was fixed in SOAtest 2021.1.

Tagged