Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Why my deleted datasource still show for setup test requests?

ningy
ningy Posts: 8

Hi,

I'm currently running into an issue with deleted data source still showing for my rest request in Setup Test. Any help to remove those deleted data sources?

thank,
Yan

Comments

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

Can you be more specific what you mean by "still showing"?

• ningy

In the screenshot, I don't have any data source defined currently, but in Setup Test, look at the right up corner for the request. It has "Data Source" and shows "TestAccount" in the dropdown. "TestAccount" data source does not actually exist.

• jakubiak

This looks like it is just a fluke of the tool. If you configure a REST Client as a normal test to use a data source, and then delete the data source, the data option will no longer show up in the REST Client editor. However, for Set Up tools it is showing up for some reason. It should not affect how the tool runs however.

• ningy

I think it's a bug of the tool. In my test, I use data source and setup tool, the datasource in setup tool always duplicate itsself. And I do see the test runs werid behavior (fail at setup test) many times.

• jakubiak

For both setup tests and for regular tests the data source combo box will appear in the tool editor once you add a data source to the scenario. This is so that you have the option of configuring the data source. As you have identified, the unexpected behavior for setup tests is that the data source still shows in the editor even if it has been deleted from the scenario.

The fact that the data source still shows in the setup tool test after you have deleted it from the scenario shouldn't affect the behavior of test execution, unless the setup test has been configured to use a data source value. If you are seeing that it does affect behavior, then we would need more information about exactly how your test is set up in order to provide suggestions how to update your tests to get expected behavior.

• ningy

Yes. My test scenario setup tests use datasource value for username and password to get tokens for the regular tests to use. I found the only working workaround for my case is to create a subfolder and put everything (setup tests, tests) under it.

• ningy