Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

XML Conversion Tool

reactancexl
reactancexl Posts: 160

I have a Rest call returning JSON. I convert to XML using the XML COnversion Tool. Appyling the "Edit" tool it looks like it converted successfully. When I add XML Databank, after the Conversion Tool it still contains JSON. If I add it add the Test Level then it give me an "Invalid XML input: Content is not allowed in prolog". One thing I notices the xml version is 1.1? Could that be the issue? Screenshots attached

Comments

• reactancexl

Another attachment of the JSON to XML conversion.

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

Since you are working with JSON and need a data bank, is there a reason you don't just use the JSON Data Bank directly instead of converting to XML and then using XML Data Bank?

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

You have chain the XML Data Bank to the "XML" output of the XML Converter. However, as @jakubiak mentioned, you should be using the JSON Data Bank.

• reactancexl

I guess I should of explained a little more, but I have a scenario where I have to compare on data With two different structures. One returns JSON and the other XML. I may have to insert into database on another scenario where I would rather insert XML vs JSON. Hope this helps. thx