Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Can a Proxy be set to go to priimary Real endpoint and Failover to secondary Virtual Asset?

CurtisOD
CurtisOD Posts: 2
edited August 2017 in Virtualize

If so, what are the parameters for the fail-over? Timeout or 50X/40X response?

Comments

• Ramiro Martinez
    Ramiro Martinez Posts: 53 admin

Hi Curtis,

Yes, this can be done with a message proxy.
    You would create a message proxy and configure a Secondary Connection:

The fail over triggers when the proxy receives a Error status code 4XX or 5XX.

Clip of the Virtualize user guide in regards to this feature:

• CurtisOD
    CurtisOD Posts: 2

Perfect!

• jefftuckerbofa
    jefftuckerbofa Posts: 229

Can you be more specific on the following statement

"if a virtual asset does not handle a use case" Does this mean if a match is not found on the primary endpoint the proxy would then attempt to use the secondary option? I understand that if the primary option is offline the proxy would fail over. But, if it is simply a matter of not finding an exact matching response (IOW The book ID was not found in the data source) would the proxy try the secondary?

• jefftuckerbofa
    jefftuckerbofa Posts: 229

I did some research and based on what I encountered, the Virtual Asset will return an HTTP 400 when it can't find a match. That, as mentioned above, will cause a request to the secondary endpoint.

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Hi Jeff,
    It will fail over for any http status code that is 400 or greater. So a 404 would fail over to the virtual asset and so would a 500.