Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

capturing response time of API

sansachie
sansachie Posts: 26

can we have response time printed to every API that I hit from my SOAtest automated suite?
Suppose i have a scenario.. to test this scenario I have to execute a sequence of test steps, each of these test steps is again a separate API. So, i want to capture the response time of each of these APIs and present it the report that gets generated ( I want these metrics to be seen on the main report page.( I know we are capturing the response time in the report but it is inside the link of request/Response)

can we see it on the main report page where coverage and other stuff are presented?

Ex :

Scenario ---
- testAPI1 -----ResponseTime
---testAPI 2 ------ResponseTime
------testApI 3 -------ResponseTime

one more, The SOATest report generates the API that was tested in the API Coverage section. Here, can we have the average response time of each of the API?

Comments

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

The SOAtest HTML report does not show this data on the main page. If you have SOAtest Automation Edition, you can generate an XML report that will contain the timing information. You could build an XSL file that creates a custom report that shows the information you want. Another option is to run the scenario in Parasoft Load Test using a single user to capture the response times - the HTML report from Parasoft Load Test will have the response times on the main page.

• sansachie
    sansachie Posts: 26

Thanks, @jakubiak. will try it out