Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Tree View for Nested folders of a project

Options
goofy78270
goofy78270 Posts: 133

Has any consideration been given to, or is this just a setting I am missing, to show items within test explorer, and other similar areas, in more of a tree view rather than a flat view?

I know it is alphabetical, but that is hard for some...lol.

As test libraries grow for a project, organization becomes a little harder from this view as users must scroll until they find their desired item. This tree structure would support the ability to have a single project, but then segregate test based on stuff such as sprints, features, test types (smoke, regression, negative, happy path), and such while keeping an organizational structure rather than a simple single list.

Thank you for looking into this possible feature or setting (i probably missed).

Expanded Tree View:

Collapsed Tree View:

Parasoft View:

Comments

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 801 admin
    Options

No unfortunately it is not possible to change the layout in the Test Case Explorer.

• goofy78270
    goofy78270 Posts: 133
    Options

could this be a possible future enhancement?

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 801 admin
    Options

That is not currently on the roadmap. If this is important to you, I would recommend speaking with your Parasoft account representative.