Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Getting Error on CLI mode

tapan1986
tapan1986 Posts: 27

I am getting below error while running this test in command line mode of SOA test though it is working fine in GUI mode.

java.awt.HeadlessException
at sun.awt.HeadlessToolkit.getSystemClipboard(HeadlessToolkit.java:309)

Tagged:

Comments

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

What version of SOAtest are you using? What do your arguments to soatestcli look like?

• NHawk
    NHawk Posts: 9 admin

Are you attempting to run a Web Functional Test using the SOAtest CLI on a headless machine?

If so then you will need to install the X virtual framebuffer (Xvfb) on your headless machine before you can successfully run a Web Functional Test as those are UI tests and require a graphical display. The X virtual framebuffer gets around this requirement because its functionality is to enable users to run graphical applications without a display.

The doc below goes over how to set up a headless machine to run Web Scenarios in a headless environment.

https://docs.parasoft.com/display/SOAVIRT9106/Running+Web+Scenarios+in+Headless+Mode

• tapan1986
    tapan1986 Posts: 27
    edited February 2019

I am using SOA test Version 9.10.I am calling a selenium script using Selenium Executor provided by SOA Test.

I am running the script in the same machine(WINDOWS only) both in GUI Mode and CLI Mode.

GUI Mode working fine and CLI is giving this error.

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

What is the full stack trace? It may be easier to contact Parasoft Support to better understand your specific use case and how best to support it.

Tagged