Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Execute Shell Scripts from Parasoft SOATest Tool

Options
aflorence
aflorence Posts: 7
edited February 2019 in SOAtest

Hi,

I have to execute few shell script commands using GIT BASH to encrypt and decrypt key. I tried to automate this using SOATest tol. I have added external tool and passed the path of git bash as below

After this GIT bash is opened, I want to type few commands automatically like below:

ssh userID@10.1XX.52.XX -p 22

I passed this value in input section. But I don't see this command getting typed in the bash command prompt. Could you please guide me how to type this command in the opened prompt and also how to pass next few lines of command for typing the password and capturing the key that got generated.

Comments

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 801 admin
    Options

What you are trying to do would only work if you can pass the commands as command-line arguments to git-bash. The External Tool simply runs the executable, passing along any arguments that are specified in the table.

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭
    Options

As an argument to your bash.exe, I would pass the path to a script containing the commands you want bash to execute. Either that, or create multiple External Tools, one for every command you want executed.