Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

REST Client Response - Numbers are converted

tapan1986
tapan1986 Posts: 27

In rest client if from server response is coming as '5' parasoft makes it in '05' for which our comparison fails. How can we manage in parasoft to get the exact data from provider.

Tagged:

Comments

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

In which SOAtest tool are you seeing the "05"? Is it in the traffic? Is it in a tool chained to the REST Client?

• tapan1986
    tapan1986 Posts: 27

both in traffic and chained tool

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

SOAtest does not modify the data that it shows within the traffic viewer, except to "beautify" it which means it might adjust new lines and spacing to make the payload easier to see. But it does not modify actual values. If you are seeing values that are different than you expect in the Traffic Viewer, I suspect that your service is returning different data than you expect. I would verify that your service is actually returning what you expect.

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

You may want to consider disabling "auto-beautify". This is an option in the SOAtest preferences under "Misc". I often do this so that the traffic viewer shows me the actual message that I sent or received, and not a "beautified" (formatted or pretty-printed) version.

Tagged