Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Generating PDFs and Email for Reports in SOAtest

LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in SOAtest
Reporting in SOATest
Hi All,

I have following queries on soatest reporting. Really appreciate any response in this regard.

Q1 : Is it possible to get pdf report (not html) in CLI mode (using soatestclie.exe), if yes how.
Q2 : In order to get test results for a run on email (as email attachment), is it must to have concerto or team server in place?
Tagged:

Comments

• LegacyForum
    Hi absoatest,

Here are the answers to your questions

Q1 : Is it possible to get pdf report (not html) in CLI mode (using soatestclie.exe), if yes how.

Yes, this is possible.
    From the documentation: Parasoft SOAtest User's Guide > Setup and Testing Fundamentals > Running SOAtest > Testing from the Command Line Interface (soatestcli) >cli Options

-report %REPORT_FILE%

Generates an XML report to the given file %REPORT_FILE% and adds an HTML (or PDF or custom format—if specified using the report.format option) report with the same name—and a different extension—in the same directory.

Mine looks like this
    C:\Program Files\Parasoft\SOAtest\9.9>soatestcli -data "C:\myWorkspace" -config "soatest.user://Example Configuration" -localsettings c:\temp\ls.ls
    -resource Bookstore/bookstore.tst -report c:\temp\reports\myReport.pdf

Now you will notice that the docs say that you have to specify the correct format in report.format. This is done in your Localsettings file. Here is mine
    #Exported local settings
    #Mon Jan 04 12:13:26 PST 2016
    report.custom.extension=pdf
    report.failed_tests_only=false
    report.format=pdf
    report.generate_htmls=true
    session.tag=${config_name}

Q2 : In order to get test results for a run on email (as email attachment), is it must to have concerto or team server in place?

No, You do not need to have DTP, which is the new name for Concerto, or its component Team Server.
    From the documentation: Parasoft SOAtest User's Guide > Setup and Testing Fundamentals > Running SOAtest > Testing from the Command Line Interface (soatestcli) > setup Overview

In Step 1: Configure Preferences

E-mails: Enter settings that will be used to send emails with reports. This needs to be an existing email account on an email server accessible from the SOAtest test machine.

So,
    1. Go to Parasoft > preferences > Email and configure your SMTP server information
    2. Go to Parasoft > preferences > Reports > Email Notification
    3. Check "Send reports by email"
    4. Put in the email address you wish to send reports to
    5. Save
    6. (Optional) make a localsettings file with this information in it so you can do this from the command line

For reference here is mine (I used my company's SMTP server)
    #Exported local settings
    #Mon Jan 04 13:07:35 PST 2016
    report.active_rules=false
    report.associations=false
    report.authors_details=true
    report.contexts_details=false
    report.custom.extension=pdf
    report.developer_errors=true
    report.developer_reports=true
    report.failed_tests_only=false
    report.format=pdf
    report.generate_htmls=true
    report.location_details=false
    report.mail.cc=me@myCompany.com
    report.mail.domain=myCompany.com
    report.mail.enabled=true
    report.mail.exclude.developers=true
    report.mail.from=me
    report.mail.on.error.only=false
    report.mail.password=encryptedPassword
    report.mail.port=587
    report.mail.security=STARTTLS
    report.mail.server=smtp.myCompanySMTPserver.com
    report.mail.subject=${tool_name} Report - ${config_name}
    report.mail.username=me@myCompany.com

report.metrics_details=true
    report.setup.problems=bottom
    report.suppressed_msgs=false
    report.tcdetails=false
    report.test_suites_only=true
    session.tag=${config_name}

• LegacyForum
    Chris,

Thanks a lot, this helped me a lot and i was able to get both of my queries resolved.